Saturday, March 1, 2014

Lamhe's Memories - The Shooting @ ADIT

  Lamhe's Memories - The Shooting @ ADIT


24th January 2014


I bolted upright on my bed as the phone rang near my ear. Heavy-eyed I picked it up and found Taral’s name flashing over it.
 

“Where are you?” He asked directly. No ‘Hello’, no ‘Good-Morning’. Nothing.
 

“Still under blanket,” I said, stifling a yawn.


“We are already in foyer. Be here in 5 minutes!” And, then he abruptly cut-off the conversation.
 

With that, I remembered about our past night’s talks. We had decided to gather in college’s foyer at sharp 8:15 a.m. to shoot the scenes. But, when my eyes drifted to the clock, a shiver ran through my body. It showed 8:20 a.m. And, that meant I was deadly late.
 

Somehow, I managed to ready myself in 10 minutes and dashed towards the foyer. The whole team – Taral, Niraj, Dhaval, Aakash, Dhyey, Nirdesh and Vishal – welcomed me with taunts and mocking. Well, that was the price I deserved for being late. With them there was one more person – Nikhil, our buddy cinematographer.

Without wasting any further moments, because all we had one day to shoot, we told Nikhil about the scenes of ADIT. It was just the beginning and we faced our first problem. As per the script, Taral should be surrounded with students, but at that moment the foyer was deserted, not entirely.
 

With working them from past ten days, a mutual understanding bonded between us. Just a nod or simple stare, and we understand what one was thinking. Apart from our team and few friends, whole college – including faculties and students – were oblivious of what we were doing. No one cared what few crazy dozen students were practicing till late nights in auditorium…Just got little bit side-tracked. Now, back to memory
 

While Taral took his position towards the entry of the foyer, and Nikhil and Dhaval clambered to the first floor, I and others scattered around to fetch people to make our foyer crowded. Minutes later, we succeeded in persuading few noble persons, but again something was missing in them. I was about to open my mouth when…
 

“Where are girls?” Nikhil asked from the first floor, adjusting his camera. The guy was correct. Like our country, my college too suffers from the same situation. Number of boys dominates over the number of girls.
 

I looked at all, one by one, hoping someone would pull his mobile out and call his female friends. And in response, I received blank stares.
 

“Can’t we shoot without girls?” Taral asked, anxious to get the shoot complete as fast as possible so that we could move towards our next spot. 

“Well, we can,” said Nikhil, “but somehow it will dull the essence of college’s scenes. I think I can help it out.” With that he disappeared from my sight, probably sprinted towards the library. Moments later, he reappeared, accompanied with his “classmates”, and we shoot the scenes.
 

On behalf of the whole Team, I thanks everyone of you who had agreed to be part of this scene without inquiring what we were upto. Thanks again.
 


The next scene was about Taral’s entry to ADIT College which we shoot within 15 minutes with few retakes. And the best part about this scene is – you can see me in that, though for momentarily.
 

“Pack-up!” Dhaval shouted, and we all moved to back parking area of our college.
Filling stomach with excitement instead of breakfast, we all gathered back. The tour-de-Anand was about to begin…

 



To be continued...



No comments:

Post a Comment