Monday, February 17, 2014

Lamhe's Memories - The Plotting

 Lamhe's Memories - The Plotting


11:30 P.M, 23rd January 2014

I sat cross-legged upon the rug of our college’s auditorium. Before me seated was Dhaval, his eyes staring at me through his blue-framed spectacles, yearning for some ideas. Beside him was Taral, wondering something about the same. And behind me, upon the stage were Aakash, Dhyey and Vishwas, still busy in choreographing their dance. While Niraj mingled himself in mixing the sounds in his dear new laptop. And, how can I forget this guy, Vishal was enjoying Roadies’s Auditions on someone’s laptop. That sounds bit odd, but believe me, whatever people says about him, he was always there to support us.

We all were from different branches, but we shared the same purpose – to perform in Amul Volcano 2014, a Youth-Fest organised by Rotary Club of Anand Round Town.

That was one of the sleepless frustrated night, and we had gathered to discuss about the plotline for the short-movie.

“Anand-Vidhyanagar as I see,” Taral revealed the topic.

The first idea flashed was to pen down the famous spots of the city, and moments later more than 15 such places were scribbled over Dhaval’s notebook. Till then, our dance team had squatted around us. Truly speaking, I had heard about team-work, but with them I had experienced it. No matter how crazy were their ideas, but each of it was remoulding our main story line.

Till now, I believed plotting storyline was an individual’s approach. Used to lock myself in a room and keep staring at the blinking cursor until any thoughts would bloom inside. Other people’s ideas were just interference for me. But, I was wrong. Discussing various aspects, brainstorming for more than 2 hours, finally the plotline was finalised. Then I realised, when people who are as crazy as you bends their mind to a topic, the output is astonishing. A story that was impossible without their involvement.

And when we were ready with our script, our eyes gleaming with glee and lips curving into smiles, our stomach rumbled making us realised we hadn’t dined.

Suppressing our hunger, we bid goodnight to each other and moved towards our rooms. The following day was going to be a tough day – the shooting day. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment