Tuesday, December 17, 2013

[Sample Chapters Review] The Exiled Prince - Ravi




After enjoying The Shiva Trilogy by Amish Tripathi, though its end didn’t suffice my expectations, I am developing a kind of interest in reading such mytho-thrillers. When I was searching for more of such genre The Aryavarta Chronicles by versatile Krishna Udayasankar, a trilogy of Mahabharata retelling, caught my attention. Its two books - Govinda and Kauravas - are available in markets. I am fully intentional to read this trilogy whenever its concluding book - Kurukshetra - will be released. The thing that is similar in these series and the factor that fascinated me is the authors had depicted Indian Gods and Goddesses as normal human beings with their exciting adventures.

 
When Shiva and Govinda had influenced the young minds how can Rama, the king of the king remain behind? Yes...hold your breath, here comes  THE EXILED PRINCE of The Crystal Guardian Series by Ravi, a retelling of Ramayana with Lord Rama’s own point of view. I am excited to see Hanumanji again in action.  The cover looks awesome!

You can read the sample chapters from HERE or you can continue to enjoy my review.

Chapter 148 – I still wonder why Chapter 148 is placed instead of the prologue. This chapter is written with the point of view of General Blaze. He was burdened with the responsibility of Kanchi Town.  The time period is of the British era. He surveys the Maduranthakam Lake and anticipates the flood, examining the gathering storm. He somehow becomes successful in evacuation of the town, ignoring the villagers pleas that Lord Rama will save them. When rain showers, he studies the overflowing lake and gets shocked to see two young men standing near the levees which is about to break. When he approaches one of them nocks an arrow which blazes with blue flame and targets the levees. When it hit the natural barriers it seems to reinforce its subsiding strength. Stunned, when Blaze look towards the young men there was a flash of light and with it they were gone, leaving him with a question....Could they be the immortal brothers? Lord Rama and Lakshmana?

Chapter 1 : The Saptarishi council meets in one of the dark caves of the Mount Kailash for discussing about the missing Crystal of Creation. Well, this crystal reminds me about Cube from Transformers’ movies because it contains the similar powers of creating and destroying the universe. They all plans to train Rama, who they engineered from the mysterious power of the Crystal so that in future he’ll destroy Ravana, the theif of Elixir of Immortality. I really enjoyed the author’s narration and the way he remoulded the myths. The story takes place at high-pace. 

Chapter 2:  From the point of view of Lord Rama, we see him sitting atop of the stone admiring his city and River Sarayu, wondering and recalling his memories. Somehow, I felt he is not happy as he discloses his all loved ones are no more. Few phrases of this particular chapter really impressed me...

 
Will future generations ask who I really was? Will they be curious to know what I did for their survival? How will the story of my life be remembered by those who belong to the time yet to come? These people who will never see or know me in flesh, how will they think of me? In this universe which is constantly moving and changing and breathing, only time will answer my questions . . . I am Rama, the King of Ayodhya, and this is my story.



 Order your copy from Flipkart, uRead or Amazon.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment